- Getting ready to go to college but not quite sure what to study?
- Already in college, but having second thoughts about the degree you have chosen to pursue?
- In the workforce, but want—or need—to change your career path?
If you find yourself in one of these populations, relax. It is common for one’s vision for their career to become out of focus, regardless if they are a student or a working adult. But you can change that by engaging in a self-assessment process. Self-assessment can reveal your personal attributes, values, skills, interests and personality traits, and knowing these can help you make an informed career choice.
Begin your self-assessment journey here
Until Indiana Career Explorer is back up and running, we suggest that you use the following site to complete your assessments.
Take these career assessment to learn about different careers that might suit your values, interests, personality and skills. The assessments consist of questions about what you like and don’t like. The website will generate possible careers based on your results. We recommend you take the following assessments:
Indiana Career Explorer – Currently down for maintenance
Go to the Indiana Career Explorer and create new user account. When you are logged in, click on Take an Assessment in the menu and complete all three career-guidance assessments. Take a look at our user guide to get started with Indiana Career Explorer.
- Take a personality assessment here.
- Use the Professional Competency Self-Assessment Tool from the National Association of Colleges and Employers to help you identify the “must have” career-readiness competencies that employers are looking.
- Refer to this National Association of Colleges and Employers resource for more career-readiness insight.
Be sure to gather your results
- Use results from all self-assessments to complete the Career Exploration Activity Workbook. This activity will help you identify careers you have interest in and organize your notes as you move forward in the process.
- Discuss your findings with an Indiana Tech Career Coach and learn how the results can help you map out your future. To schedule an appointment, call 260.422.5561, ext. 2217, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go back to the Indiana Career Explorer and do some more informed research. Whether you are a student trying to figure out career and degree options or an adult considering a new career, this powerful online tool will equip you with numerous resources that will allow you to progress with confidence.
The Career Center: Here for all students and alumni
Regardless if you are a traditional student on Indiana Tech’s main campus, or a non-traditional student taking courses online or at one of our regional locations, the Career Center encourages you to get acquainted with and begin using its array of career services, beginning your first year at our university. We created an easy-to-follow Career Path of a Warrior to help you stay on track through your college career. Measuring your progress and achieving your goals are an essential in transforming your education into a successful career path. The more effort you put into following these recommendations, the more prepared you’ll be for the career you desire after graduation.
Indiana Tech’s Career Center provides resources to help all of its students develop into confident professionals. Discuss your needs with an Indiana Tech Career Coach. To schedule an appointment, call 260.422.5561, ext. 2217, or email email@example.com.