As you consider your career goals, it is important to explore your career options and to gain experience so that you can make informed choices that will lead you to a satisfying career.
There are many ways to gain résumé-building experience, such as holding an internship, volunteering, becoming involved in a student organization or working at a part-time job. To help you prepare and achieve these goals, we have provided below are several resources to help you get started.
- Sample Resume
- Action Verb List
- Résumé Checklist
- Résumé Rubric
- Resume Writing Academy Resources
- Formatting for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) – Resume Writing Academy
- Build your Resume with Resume Target
NEW! Access career-related information and resume templates, thanks to a partnership with Resume Target.
- Types of interviews
- Informational Interviews
- Preparing for a Skype Interview
- Interview Rubric
- The 31 Most Common Interview Questions
- Top 50 Interview Questions and Answers
Practice for your next interview in a virtual mock interview setting with InterviewStream. InterviewStream allows you to record yourself answering common interview questions using your computer’s webcam.Then, watch your recording and receive feedback on what you did well and where you could use more practice.
*NOTE: You will need a webcam and a computer microphone to record your practice session. You can access InterviewStream on other devices by downloading the InterviewStream Go! app.
- College to Career
- Four-Year Plan
- How to Improve your Job Networking
- Climb to Your Career in Four Years
- Job Platforms by Career Field
- LinkedIn – The Student Job Hunting Handbook
- Internship Registration Form – Let us know about any internships you have completed.
- Internship Interest Form – Complete this form if you need help finding an internship.
- IndianaInternNET – Find internship opportunities
- Lambda Legal- Employment rights in the workplace
- Human Rights Campaign
- GLAAD- Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers: Advanced Techniques for Finding a Job Quickly on LinkedIn
- Online Image Review Checklist
- How to Tie a Tie
- Professional Dress Rubric – Female
- Professional Dress Rubric – Male
- What to Wear to Summer Job Interviews
- “Professional Dress & Appearance” from Women for Hire
The Career Center has a list of top employers for each major and campus location at Indiana Tech. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to use this resource for your job search.